During the last three years of school you have some key decisions to make.
Which subjects will you continue studying for A Level, Highers, IB? What are your options after you leave school? Will you go to university? Or will you look at alternative options and apply for an apprenticeship? How can you build up experience to make you are employable?
These choices are not easy. Careers advice and guidance from an impartial expert can help you to make these decisions with confidence.
How can we help you?
Inspiring Futures specialises in supporting young people to make informed career and education choices. We have been working with students for over 70 years. Our team of qualified careers advisers work closely with the careers departments in schools and colleges to deliver a range of services, including the Futurewise programme.
This service may be available through your school; if not you can purchase the programme individually.
Futurewise careers and higher education programme
The Futurewise programme helps you to understand more about yourself and supports you to make informed decisions about your future.
How does Futurewise work?
- The first step in Futurewise is completing a series of online psychometric assessments and questionnaires. These assessments are similar to those used by universities and graduate recruiters as part of there selection processes
- Based on your results you will receive a detailed profile report that provides insights into your abilities, career interests, personality style and preferred learning style. Your Futurewise report will include suggestions of the job families which match to your profile for you to research on the Futurewise website
- Next, you will have a guidance discussion with a qualified careers adviser. This is your chance to discuss your plans for the future with an impartial expert who will provide advice and guidance on the steps you need to take to reach your goals. If you are unsure about your future career the careers adviser will help you consider your options and discuss how to keep your options open
- After your guidance discussion you will receive a written action plan with advice, guidance and recommended next steps.
Full Futurewise members also benefit from:
- Access to the careers helpline team until your 23rd birthday
- Access to lots of information and resources to help you with your research on the Futurewise website
- An optional post-school guidance discussion (available on request until your 23rd birthday)
- Discounts on Futurewise career insight events.
Contact us to find out more about Futurewise.
Futurewise career insight events
Our one day career insight events can help you gain first-hand experience of different career areas. As competition for jobs becomes increasingly intense, attending a career insight event will show future employers that you have researched and are committed to working in a particular sector. Find out more about Futurewise career insight events.
My interview really helped me recognise what options I have when I leave school... and has given me a boost for the future.Student, Morpeth School
Without a doubt, the best thing about Inspiring Futures membership is the support I receive from my Regional Director.Notting Hill and Ealing High School
I liked the ability to discuss my options with people outside my family and circle, and being able to use their opinions as well.Student, Strathallan School