Futurewise is a career guidance and planning programme that supports young people from age 15 to 23 to explore their career aspirations and make informed decisions about their future both in the UK and internationally.
As a parent/guardian, supporting your son or daughter as they make these key decisions can be challenging. Young people need to understand the options open to them to help them make the right subject choices and to identify the right path after school to lead them towards a happy and successful career.
Futurewise supports both students and parents to make informed decisions about subjects, routes to higher education, alternative pathways, future employment, and careers.
How does Futurewise support parents/guardians?
Futurewise provides access to a wealth of support and resources to help parents/guardians to support their son/daughter to make informed decisions.
- Personalised dashboard: Provides parents quick and easy access to their son/daughter's profiling assessments, profile reports and guidance notes, career planner and other online tools.
- Expert careers and higher education information: Research their future options based on trusted information on the TARGETcareers website and save relevant advice on their dashboard.
- Careers helpline team: Students and parents can contact a team of qualified careers advisers who will research and provide advice on career and subject related questions.
- Information emails: Parents are signposted to relevant advice and guidance to help them keep on track with their research and decision making.
- Webinars: Students and parents can book onto a programme of webinars for advice on a variety of topics including navigating the UCAS process and making informed A Level / Scottish Highers / IB subject choices.
- Parent publication: Parents will receive a copy of Paths to Professional Careers.
For more information about the Futurewise programme and our tests we use please click here. Or to view parent testimonials, download from the top right hand corner.
Futurewise is available for individuals
If your son or daughter's school does not use the Futurewise career guidance programme you can buy a package of support directly from us. Explore our Futurewise Direct Futurewise Direct programme to discover how we can support you and your child.
Contact us to find out more about how Futurewise can support your son or daughter.
Inspiring Futures has provided useful, sound and well researched advice to our international students. They come away from the interview understanding more about their report and what they need to do in the future to achieve their goals and dreams.
Melanie Franklin, Head of ESOL at King's Ely International
This is a great programme for supporting students and parents as a resource and guide to help with career paths. The conference programme offers a wide range of opportunities to learn about the array of pathway options available to young people, helping parents to support their children’s thinking about career choices.
My Futurewise profile is about me today; the careers discussion afterwards was about me tomorrow.FUTUREWISE Student