Futurewise is a career guidance and planning programme that supports young people from age 15 to 23 to explore their career aspirations and make informed decisions about their future both in the UK and internationally.
As a parent/guardian, supporting your son or daughter as they make these key decisions can be challenging. Young people need to understand the options open to them to help them make the right subject choices and to identify the right path after school to lead them towards a happy and successful career.
Futurewise supports both students and parents to make informed decisions about subjects, routes to higher education, alternative pathways, future employment, and careers.
How does Futurewise support parents/guardians?
Futurewise provides access to a wealth of support and resources to help parents/guardians to support their son/daughter to make informed decisions.
- Personalised dashboard: Provides parents quick and easy access to their son/daughter's profiling assessments, profile reports and guidance notes, career planner and other online tools.
- Expert careers and higher education information: Research their future options based on trusted information on the TARGETcareers website and save relevant advice on their dashboard.
- Careers helpline team: Students and parents can contact a team of qualified careers advisers who will research and provide advice on career and subject related questions.
- Information emails: Parents are signposted to relevant advice and guidance to help them keep on track with their research and decision making.
- Webinars: Students and parents can book onto a programme of webinars for advice on a variety of topics including navigating the UCAS process and making informed A Level / Scottish Highers / IB subject choices.
- Parent publication: Parents will receive a copy of Paths to Professional Careers.
For more information about the Futurewise programme and our tests we use please click here. Or to view parent testimonials, download from the top right hand corner.
Futurewise is available for individuals
If your son or daughter's school does not use the Futurewise career guidance programme you can buy a package of support directly from us. Explore our Futurewise Direct Futurewise Direct programme to discover how we can support you and your child.
Contact us to find out more about how Futurewise can support your son or daughter.
As a result of the Futurewise programme, my daughter feels immeasurably happier and is really enthused, not only about how to spend her gap year, but also about what to do afterwards. I feel the support my daughter has been given was not only professional but totally individual.Angela Young, Parent
Completing the Futurewise profile was a good and helpful experience for me, it literally opened my eyes to the future. I liked the job suggestions and was impressed with the personality, abilities and interest section too.Futurewise student