Membership provides school and college staff with the professional careers support they need to deliver the very best careers education, information, advice and guidance guidance to their students.
What is Membership?
There are various different tiers of membership available that provides schools with support and services to enhance Futurewise and deliver an effective CEIAG programme. Member schools are part of a network that provides access to up-to-date knowledge and expertise, practical advice and resources, as well as consultancy, networking events, workshops and conferences.
Membership also offers schools access to their own dedicated professional careers adviser and the careers helpline team; our expert in-house team of professionally qualified (level 6) careers advisers who are up to date with key information and best practices.
We have various different membership packages available to support your school or college.
School membership includes
- In school membership days* to provide a bespoke combination of activities that enhance your CEIAG programme
- Best Practice Manual: a comprehensive, annually updated manual containing advice on how to plan, manage and resource an effective careers department
- E-newsletters: fortnightly, term-time updates on employers and employment trends, higher education, alternative pathways and career initiatives
- Members’ website with information and resources. (See sample member resource)
- 15% discount on selected Prospects publications
- 20% discount on MedSoc membership
*What is a Membership Day?
As part of school membership, schools can call on careers and higher education expertise in areas where specialist knowledge is often required. These services are delivered by your personal professional guidance consultant who is level 6 qualified (or equivalent) and listed on the CDI register. These services can be delivered as lessons, half or full days and cover a wider range of topics such as 16+ / 18+ options; work experience and employability; and many more.
Activities to support you and your students:
- Input to school’s CEIAG programme
- Drop-in IAG clinics
- Attendance at career and higher education fairs
- Option choices at S2 and S4 or GCSE and sixth form
- CV workshop
- Preparing for work experience
- 18 + decisions – higher education and alternative pathways
- Successful higher education applications – including writing an effective personal statement
- Interview preparation – work experience, employment and higher education
- Mock interviews – including Oxbridge and medicine
- Preparing for assessment centres
- Planning a gap year
- Making the most of Futurewise
Contact us to find out more about how Inspiring Futures can support your school or college.
My Futurewise profile is about me today; the careers discussion afterwards was about me tomorrow.FUTUREWISE Student
I really enjoyed how professional my guidance discussion was, as it made me feel more like an adult. It has opened my mind about my future in a positive way.Student, International School Hilversum
Inspiring Futures’ outstanding loyalty, expertise and continuity of innovative and detailed Careers provision has been a significant factor in the successes of generations of Bedford School boys.
With Career Investigator in Year 7, team building in Year 9 with the Chocolate Challenge (a hit every year), Futurewise psychometric testing in Year 10 to 1:1 interviews in the 5th Form, university and degree apprenticeship resources, advice and presentations for the Sixth Form, Inspiring Futures are beyond compare in an increasingly crowded market.
With their ability to provide unbiased, expert advice on almost anything our boys ask, and the fact that we have the same Inspiring Futures staff each year, Bedford School’s staff, boys and parents have built lasting relationships with Inspiring Futures.Mel Lincoln, Head of Careers at Bedford School