As students reach key transition (decision) points, individual support from guidance discussions can be a valuable element of a school's careers programme.
Guidance discussions delivered by an impartial careers adeviser can motivate and inspire students, while empowering and equipping them to make independent and informed decisions. This type of support can be valuable for:
- Years 8 or 9 (S1-2) to support GCSE, National 5 (or equivalent) options choices
- Years 10 or 11 (S3-4) to discuss developing careers plans and enable students to make informed post-16 decisions (appropriate subject choice, work experience and skills development)
- Year 12 (S5) to discuss post-18 options (including university / apprenticeships) based on evolving career plans
- Year 13 (S6) for individual support such as mock-interviews or an opportunity to discuss changes to post-18 plans.
Quality, impartial guidance
Inspiring Futures' career advisers are qualified to Level 6 in Careers Guidance and Development, Level 11 SCQF or equivalent. Our careers advisers benefit from regular CPD and have access to a network of expert knowledge. This combination ensures that students will receive the most appropriate information, advice and guidance.
Benefits of guidance discussions
- Provide an opportunity for students to talk with an impartial careers adviser about their ideas, aspirations and options
- Help students develop self-awareness and feed this knowledge into their career plans
- Students will develop a SMART action plan to support educational choices and skills development
- Motivate and encourage students to take positive action
- Schools will receive written action plan showing a record of the guidance provided to the student.
Contact us to find out more about how Inspiring Futures can support your students.
Inspiring Futures delivered an excellent half-day enterprise workshop. which fully engaged and entertained the students. A memorable and worthwhile educative experience. Inspiring Futures really listened to what we needed and took my somewhat half formed ideas and created something special for the students.Head of Careers, ACS Cobham
Future wise allowed me to consider options that I had never previously considered which was great. I really enjoyed the interview process as it showed me some university options that I had never thought about. I really enjoyed the whole experience and thought it was very accurate.Student, Millfield School
My daughter enjoyed her guidance session and was happy to receive a detailed report. She was also happy with the outcomes and pointers about Futurewise website that will help her when considering future choices.Parent, FUTUREWISE Direct