FUTUREWISE Direct is a career guidance and planning programme that supports young people from age 15 to 23 to explore their career aspirations and make informed decisions about their future both in the UK and internationally.
Available for individuals only.
FUTUREWISE uses psychometric profiling and career guidance to support young people through their career journey from subject choices to their chosen career path. The psychometric assessments used in FUTUREWISE are similar to those used by leading universities and graduate recruiters. The psychometric assessments look beyond just academic achievements to the skills needed in the workplace to form an invaluable tool to support career guidance programmes.
Why is Career Guidance so important?
The decisions that young people make at school have an impact on their lives that shape not just their further education, training or employment but also their career path. Career guidance simply supports students to make confident well-informed decisions about their future by providing specific understanding of the realistic learning and work options that are open to them.
Careers advisers are trained in many techniques which assist in the career guidance process. These include a range of theoretical approaches and models which when used with young people help them to deal with the complex biographical issues related to life, work and identity. These theories and models have been proven to work and form the body of knowledge which informs their professional practice (thecdi.net).
How can FUTUREWISE help you?
FUTUREWISE supports both students and parents to make informed decisions about subjects, routes to higher education, alternative pathways, future employment, and careers. It provides access to a wealth of support and resources to help you to make informed decisions.
- Personalised dashboard: Provides quick and easy access to profiling assessments, profile reports and guidance notes, career planner and other online tools.
- Expert careers and higher education information: Students can research their future options based on trusted information on the TARGETcareers website and save relevant advice on their dashboard.
- Careers helpline team: Students can contact a team of qualified careers advisers who will research and provide advice on career and subject related questions.
- Information emails: Students are signposted to relevant advice and guidance to help them keep on track with their research and decision making.
- Webinars: Students and parents can book onto a programme of webinars for advice on a variety of topics including navigating the UCAS process and making informed A Level / Scottish Highers / IB subject choices.
- Employer opportunities: Emails powered by TARGETcareers will keep students up-to-date with school leaver opportunities relevant to their profile.
- Career events: These events give students the chance to meet with professionals from industry and learn what it is really like to work in their field. Discounts are available for Futurewise students.
For more information about FUTUREWISE and our tests please click here.
Fill out our enrolment form to get started or contact us to find out more about how FUTUREWISE can support you.
Inspiring Futures has provided useful, sound and well researched advice to our international students. They come away from the interview understanding more about their report and what they need to do in the future to achieve their goals and dreams.
Melanie Franklin, Head of ESOL at King's Ely International
Our students found the finance career insight day very informative and interesting. Moreover, all of the speakers gave fantastic insights into the ‘world of finance’ through the engaging presentation.
The ‘speed networking’ was great as you could chat to people with experience in their field in a relaxed environment.
Following today, I will definitely look out for any more Inspiring Futures Events and will certainly recommend these events to people as they are a superb way to gain exposure into a specific area of work.Christian Hutchinson – Rugby School
I really enjoyed how professional my guidance discussion was, as it made me feel more like an adult. It has opened my mind about my future in a positive way.Student, International School Hilversum