The Inspiring Futures International Careers Forum will take place on 23 and 24 March 2017 in Montreux in Switzerland.
International study & work – why? what? & how?
Today’s increasingly global employment landscape and rapidly changing working practices present high achieving young people with a wide range of opportunities about where they study and work.
International study, be it a full degree or for a semester or a year, is viewed favourably by top employers who value students who have broadened their world perspective, built their self-confidence and self-reliance and developed networking, cultural awareness and language skills.
Working internationally is a definite career boost and in many cases is necessary to reach a senior level. Employers actively look for professionals who not only have excellent skills, but also have a global perspective.
Keeping up to date with what is available and what skills employers require in the global economy is a challenge for those involved in advising young people.
This conference has been designed for careers advisers, heads of sixth form and higher education co-ordinators.
23 March 2017
- Conference Introduction - Guy Bentley, CEO of Glion Switzerland and London: The Benefits of International Study
- Future Trends in International Employability - Laura Brewer, Skills Development and Youth Specialist, International Labour Organisation, Geneva
- A range of prominent international employers based in Switzerland discuss employability opportunities - including a Global Luxury Brand organisation and an International Sporting organisation.
- Dinner Hotel D’Alpes, Glion’s fine dining restaurant, with current Glion students
24 March 2017
- Inspiring Futures update on latest developments Virginia Isaac, CEO
- International Education opportunities including Webster University
- Depart for Geneva with lunch en route with a choice of either a tour and talk at the UN or a visit to CERN
22 March 2017 (Optional programme)
An optional programme ahead of the main conference is generously provided at no charge by Burnett Global Education Ltd for UK and Irish delegates; other delegates could join on a self-paying basis.
The programme on 22 March includes a visit Les Roches and Glion campuses. This part of the trip includes an evening meal, one night of accommodation, breakfast and transport.
Conference delegates: £375.00 excluding VAT
Conference delegates (Inspiring Futures members): £325.00 excluding VAT
Day delegates: £80.00 excluding VAT (For delegates that do not wish to stay overnight or who wish to make their own arrangements)
Delegate rates exclude travel to and from Geneva Airport
Find out more
To find out more or to reserve a place, please send an email to Julia Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspiring Futures is grateful to Marcus Burnett of Burnett Global Education Ltd for sponsoring and co-organising this event.
My interview really helped me recognise what options I have when I leave school... and has given me a boost for the future.Student, Morpeth School
Inspiring Futures delivered an excellent half-day enterprise workshop. which fully engaged and entertained the students. A memorable and worthwhile educative experience. Inspiring Futures really listened to what we needed and took my somewhat half formed ideas and created something special for the students.Head of Careers, ACS Cobham
I really enjoyed how professional my guidance discussion was, as it made me feel more like an adult. It has opened my mind about my future in a positive way.Student, International School Hilversum